Research Topics and Project Work
Embedded Systems Laboratory
Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering
National Chung Cheng University, Chiayi-621, Taiwan, ROC.
Most of our research results are published as papers which you can find
by clicking here!
Currently, we are interested and working in the following fields of research.
If you would like to know more about them, please do not hesitate to:
Dynamically Reconfigurable System Design
Design and Implementation of an OS for PLX (a native SIMD processor)
Formal Verification Methodology and Tool Development
Adaptation and Learning Techniques in Cognitive Radio
Verification Tool Development and Theory
- Formal Specification and Verification of Real-Time Systems
- Real-Time System Model:
- Specifications to be Verified:
Timed Computation-Tree Logic
- Verification Method: Model Checking.
- Verification Tool Development
We have developed our own verification tool that allows users to
easily verify complex real-time systems. This tool is called
State Graph Manipulators (SGM),
which is currently in its v1.3 version and can be downloaded free
for academic use.
- State-Space Reduction Techniques
Compositional verification involves the explicit generation of
infinite state-spaces. Though symbolic methods transform them into
finite state-spaces, yet their sizes still grow exponentially.
We propose new techniques that are implemented in our tool and
are proven to be significantly effective.
Embedded Real-Time Software Synthesis
- Embedded Real-Time Software Modeling
- Timed Communicating Task Model
- Timed Petri-Net Model
- Embedded Real-Time Software Synthesis Method
- Quasi-static Scheduling
- Extension of scheduling algorithms to timed systems
Embedded Real-Time Software Verification
- When to verify embedded real-time software???
- A new Schedule-Verify-Map (SVM) Strategy is proposed.
- Where to verify embedded real-time software???
- Processor-Oriented Verification V/S Process-Oriented Verification
- How to verify embedded real-time software???
Application Framework for the Design and Verification of Embedded Real-Time System Software
We are in the process of developing a COMPONENT-BASED, VERIFIABLE,
OBJECT-ORIENTED Application Framework for the design of
applications in embedded real-time systems.
- Software Component Technology
- Object-Oriented Technology
- Formal Verification Technology
Hardware-Software Codesign Methodology for
- How a tunable platform is utilized to design a reconfigurable SoC?
- Hardware-Software Codesign and Coverification Methodology
- SystemC based model codesign and cosimulation methods
- Illustration Example: JPEG codesign and coverification
- System Case Study (1): Modular Mobile Dispatch System (MMDS)
- System Case Studey (2): Physiological Sensory Medical System (PSMS)
[an error occurred while processing this directive]